Shake to Asphalt Roofing
Here at CD Northwest, one of our primary specialties is the conversion of Cedar Shake roof systems into more modernized Asphalt Shake, or Pseudo Shake systems. Aside from sharing the luxurious, high profile appearance of a Cedar roof, Pseudo Shake roofing systems possess the following advantages:
• Superior flame resistance: Asphalt roof systems carry a Class A fire rating.
• Improved wind resistance rating due in part to higher weight and lower shake exposure.
• Less vulnerability to leakage due to being installed on solid CDX roof decking instead of Cedar space sheeting.
• Significantly improved overall life span: while a Cedar Shake roof lasts between 15 and 25 years, a modern Asphalt Shake roof system's life span is often twice that.
• Warranty Options: Thanks to CD Northwest's partnership and certification with several major, national manufacturers of Asphalt roof systems, we’re able to upgrade any Pseudo Shake installation to a 50 year warranty install. Not only does this include top of the line roof accessories that will guarantee your roof's lifespan, but the warranty will cover the full cost of materials, labor, and tear-off in the event of product failure any time in the next 50 years.
Essentially, a CD Northwest installed Asphalt Shake roof with warranty virtually ensures that you’ll never have to spend money on that roof again!